After another successful Symposium in Las Vegas, accompanied by a live stream of the most of the presentations, the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation is back to the daily business of raising awareness and raising funds for mesothelioma research. You can help!
The Meso Foundation is hoping to ride the wave of energy from the symposium to keep people involved and expand its reach to successfully implement its important work. The Foundation offers some simple things you can do to get involved or STAY involved.
1. Follow them on Social Media. Facebook is a great place to not only find out the latest news, but to have a conversation about what’s happening in the Meso community worldwide. “Like” their page at https://www.facebook.com/curemesothelioma or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble getting connected. You can also use that email address to request information about specific groups that may be of interest to you. Most of these are private groups by invitation, tailored to patients, caregivers, and those who have lost someone they loved to mesothelioma.
2. Become an advocate. You don’t have to be a lobbyist to let your voice be heard. Contact your state representative in Congress and ask him or her to support funding for mesothelioma research. This is important now more than ever, with a tightening federal budget. You can find assistance and tips at the Meso Foundation website – just click on the link to the Advocacy Action Center.
3. Raise money. Get creative! Plan a fundraiser in your area. Think about tying your event to another local community event or activity. A fundraiser not only helps bring in monetary donations that can help support the work of the Meso Foundation, but it raises awareness about the dangers of asbestos, asbestos diseases and mesothelioma.
4. Donate. This is the most direct and simple way to lend your support. The Meso Foundation is a non-profit organization. Your money will be used to help fund educational, advocacy, outreach and research projects of the Foundation.
5. Stay in touch. The Meso Foundation is made strong by the connections among its friends and supporters. They want to hear from you.
All of these tips, along with lots of links and other information is available on the Meso Foundation blog.