Posts Tagged ‘Imerys Talc America’

Mistrial declared after mesothelioma victim dies

15 Jun 2018 by under Legal

talc justice 100x100 Mistrial declared after mesothelioma victim diesA 94-year-old woman who sued over claims that use of the company’s talcum powders contributed to her mesothelioma diagnosis died, leading the California judge overseeing the case to declare a mistrial. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephen Moloney told the jury that as a result of plaintiff Ilene Brick’s death, the law required him to declare a mistrial. (more…)


J&J tries to skirt $117 million verdict in talc mesothelioma case

11 Jun 2018 by under Legal

talc justice 100x100 J&J tries to skirt $117 million verdict in talc mesothelioma caseAttorneys representing Johnson & Johnson urged a New Jersey state court to toss a $117 million verdict over claims that the company’s talcum powder contains and contributed to a man’s . The man’s lawyer fought to keep the award, accusing the consumer health care giant of reprehensible conduct. (more…)


Jury asked for mesothelioma warning on J&J talc products

25 May 2018 by under Legal

talcum powder warning 2 products 300x172 Jury asked for mesothelioma warning on J&J talc productsA California jury that awarded $21.7 million in compensatory damages to a woman whose claimed the talc in Johnson & Johnson’s products was contaminated with asbestos that caused her to develop the rare and aggressive form of cancer called , paused during deliberations on punitive damages to ask the court whether, in lieu of monetary damages, jurors could punish the company by requiring it to place warning labels on its talc-containing products. (more…)


Woman blames J&J talc for causing rare mesothelioma

24 May 2018 by under Legal

talc justice 100x100 Woman blames J&J talc for causing rare mesotheliomaSince the day Bertila Boyd-Bostic came home from the hospital as a newborn, she was sprinkled with Johnson’s Baby Powder. Every day, multiple times a day, she was powdered – after every diaper change and every bath. When she was diagnosed with an extremely rare and deadly form of cancer caused by asbestos exposure, she and her husband and law partner Antoine filed a lawsuit against several companies, including the baby powder maker, Johnson & Johnson. She claimed the consumer health care giant used that was contaminated with asbestos, which led to her disease. (more…)


J&J, Imerys fight $117 million talc verdict

2 May 2018 by under Legal

640px Talc mutnikSVK01 100x100 J&J, Imerys fight $117 million talc verdict and its talc supplier Inc., pressed a New Jersey state court to toss a multi-million-dollar verdict the companies had been slapped with in a case of a man who claimed their talcum powder products contained asbestos and caused the man’s mesothelioma. (more…)


J&J, Imerys slapped with $117 million in damages in talc mesothelioma case

12 Apr 2018 by under Legal

640px Talc mutnikSVK01 100x100 J&J, Imerys slapped with $117 million in damages in talc mesothelioma caseLate Wednesday, April 11, Johnson & Johnson and its supplier Imerys were slapped with a $117 million verdict in a case brought by a man who claimed the companies’ talcum powder contained , which contributed to the development of his malignant mesothelioma. (more…)


J&J fights punitive damages in talc mesothelioma case

11 Apr 2018 by under Legal

640px Talc mutnikSVK01 100x100 J&J fights punitive damages in talc mesothelioma case is fighting to skirt punitive damages in a lawsuit alleging the company’s talcum powder products contain asbestos and caused a man to develop the rare and deadly form of lung cancer called malignant . (more…)


J&J slapped with $37 million verdict in talc mesothelioma case

9 Apr 2018 by under Legal

640px Talc mutnikSVK01 100x100 J&J slapped with $37 million verdict in talc mesothelioma caseA man who claimed he developed malignant after using talcum powder products regularly for decades was awarded $37 million in compensatory damages by a New Jersey state jury.

The jury awarded $30 million to plaintiff Stephen Lanzo III and $7 million to his wife, Kendra. Johnson & Johnson was ordered to pay 70 percent of the damages and its talc supplier, Imerys Talc America Inc., was charged with paying the remaining 30 percent. (more…)